Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Matthew 17-18

I think the one thing that can distinguish a Christian in a crowd should be the idea of forgiveness.  Maybe because my expectations are so high I become easily disappointed, but I see so many long term Christians who have not grasped the importance of this very thing.  I know that when we are hurt, forgiveness is not the first thing that we think about, but it should be the one thing that comes up very quickly.  Why?  Because we as Christians should understand forgiveness more than anyone since we have already received forgiveness from God without cost to us!  Yet we want people to pay for theirs when we are sinned against.  That is why we should never wander to far from the basic message of the gospel and the story of our own coming to Christ.  Come on Christian - let forgiveness flow from you to others.  If you don't, the parable in Matthew 18:21-35 may have a message for you. 

that's what I am hearing this afternoon.  What about you?

No comments: