Monday, June 6, 2011

Pentecost

I asked the leadership of the church what they felt I should preach on during the Sunday and received some great thoughts on what they would like to hear, and what they thought the church needed to hear.  One leader made mention of the Holy Spirit and said he was always "amazed by Pentecost and what happened then and how it changed lives.  How would it have affected us had we been there?"  What a great observation and question!

With Pentecost Sunday coming this week I think it would be a great thing to talk about all week long, and then teach about that on Sunday.  So I am asking today:  If you had been there, how do you think it would have affected you?  Read Acts 2 in particular, but I would challenge you to read Acts 1-6 (or even all of Acts).  What would be different about you?  

No comments: