Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 14

Here si that eating theme again: What do we feast on? Growing up I heard "Garbage in - Garbage out." I think this is the same principle. If we feast on garbage (which is simply gross) the output in our life is garbage. Now we all feast on something. If you are like me, I rationalize about some of what I feast on. "I can handle it." "It doesn't effect me." But then I get sick and vomit out the same stuff that I put in.

I also know that nibbling leads to feasting. I cannot just have 5 Jelly Belly jelly beans. Once I start I have a feast of flavors! And so I turn my back on some things that I enjoy nibbling on and feast on the word of God. I know that sounds like a cliche'.

But remember Isaiah 26:8, "Walking in the ways of your laws we wait for You; Your name and renown are the desire of our heart."

What are you craving today?

No comments: