Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 11

Honestly I have a hard time with the idea I am a slave. Even to God. But the reality is that so many things enslave me, run my life, my thoughts, my attitudes, my physical expressions.... I think that although we are slaves to Jesus Christ, it takes us a while to have our attitudes and behaviors catch up to that reality so that our living becomes more "automatic" in living out our desired slavery. Until then, there is a battle that we CAN win; a fight that WILL be fought.

How is your fight going today?

Mine is going ok. I am in the fourth day of five straight days off at home, just working around the house. That is quite a bit different from the regular schedule and so I view this time as preparation for the battles ahead in my spiritual walk, which almost always come when I am distracted by busyness.

2 comments:

El Profesor said...

I too struggle with the concept of being a slave. Even when serving God or seeking God I find myself trying to do independently as though I am bringing something to God. It is hard to accept that he bought me, the good and the bad, and that nothing I own or do is independent of Him.

How are you doing?
Enjoyed the quiet time in the car today. Helped me center myself on Christ. Really busy day, but glad I can finish the day with this reading.

Anonymous said...

The depth of the idea of choosing to be a bondservant has taken my attention today. Do I really belong to God, or do I remain free and ask Him to help me when I mess up? I bondservant gives up his rights, his time, his belongings, his freedom. He turns his life over to His master to own, and direct.

It's hard to get my mind around that. Do I trust Him and His love that much? Am I willing to gladly give up my life, treasure, time, choice, and rights to do what He directs? I've thought about that a lot today. It's hard to be honest.

I need "the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that (I) may know Him better." Eph 1:17 -CZ