Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Luke8-9

"You give them something to eat."  Jesus the Christ

That is what Jesus told his disciples after they had asked Jesus to send away the crowd to find food and shelter for the night.  After the miraculous provision I don't think the disciples could ever again doubt that the provision for spiritual things needs to come from other places, but from they themselves.

Can you imagine someone coming to you asking about Jesus and our response would be, "Go and find your answers out in the countryside," or "Let me call the Pastor," or "I know someone you need to talk to."

I think Jesus would tell us, "You give them something..."  We are so quick to not supply people with what they need spiritually when we serve a God who can miraculously provide through us.  Feed 5000 people?  No problem!  Reach our neighborhood for Christ? No big deal!  Be an ambassador for Christ?  Give me something tough!  Disciple someone?  Bring it on! 

If Jesus can feed 5000 with a few fish and loaves of bread, how can anything else seem difficult?

"You give them something to eat."

That's what God is dealing with me heart this morning.  What about you?

No comments: