Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Luke 20-21

As someone listening in to the conversations between Jesus and the religious leaders of the day, the rebel in me admires Jesus in your face style of not succumbing to the temptation to please everyone.  I admire it because, as a middle child, my tendency is to try and please everyone.  I don't want anyone angry with me.  But that often leads to doing and saying things that comprise what should really be done or taught.

There are others who are able to not worry about pleasing others.  When we are like this, we should not be surprised when we are crucified ourselves.  Jesus was honest and forthright with people, and really with an "in-your-face" attitude sometimes.  It did cost him his life, though.

It is easy to see and understand why these leaders wanted to get rid of Jesus.  They saw Jesus as teaching something wrong and you are to remove the wrong teaching from your presence.  The problem is that they were wrong.  Jesus was right.  And they killed the one who came to save them.

That's what I read this morning.  What about you?

No comments: