Monday, February 6, 2012

Luke 5-6

Wow!  There is so much teaching in this section that is both challenging and inspiring.  I can picture myself being present listening to Jesus teaching and committing myself to live exactly as He would want me to live.  Even the most difficult of things.  I wondered about this and realized that Jesus' teaching is so different from the teaching I listen to today.  He calls us to a life to live that is directly from his own character, and from the character of His Father.  Luke 6:35-36 explains it for me:

"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most high, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful."

If God is kind to the ungrateful and evil (which includes me), then I should be able to do that as well without thinking.  It is not only a choice, but the expected response because of what God has done for me. The automatic response.   The fruit that comes out of our lives indicates the reality of the tree that we are.  Apple trees produce apples automatically, not because it sits there and decides one day that it should have apples instead of peaches.

I just love the character of our God!  I want to live that out.

That's what I heard this morning.  What are you hearing?

No comments: