Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Luke 17-19

Just some snippits that caught my eye this morning, mostly reminders of the life God desires of us:
  • If your brother sins against you seven times in one day you must forgive him.
  • Your faith has made you well.
  • We need to receive the Kingdom of God like a child.
  • To the rich young ruler - "One thing you lack....."  I wonder what I lack?  (I am not referring this to salvation, of which I am assured through the cross, but to living out my faith)
  • Three times Jesus has told his disciples about his upcoming death and resurrection.  When it happened they still didn't get it right away.  I wonder what things I am this dense about.
  • The people were hanging on Jesus' words, but the leaders and principal men of the city were trying to destroy him.  I guess leaders don't always have it all figured out.
Those are some things that I heard this morning as I read.   What were you reminded of as you read this passage?

No comments: