Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 6

OK. I admit it. I am craving cookies (double stuffed oreos) and pie. I have been surprised at the strength of these cravings. I have almost rationalized having some by saying I don't need to be legalistic, and some of my "arguments" with myself have lasted more than a few minutes before I resisted. But the craving has been very strong. I have turned that craving toward looking at My Father. But this sugar craving is physical, mental, somewhat emotional and continual. I pray that my craving for God becomes just as strong!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if cravings for God came upon us as strongly as the cravings you are having for cookies? We would still have to get the cookies at the store or in the kitchen.But, that deep craving would be wonderful!