Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 5

Ok, I been placing these notes on line one day late. But you can still respond:) The scary thing for me about this days focus is not that I have a lot of excuses to sin, but that I have none. I choose to not listen, or shut out the voice of the Spirit during those times of temptation. I almost always know what I should do! Even with a 1000 choices to make each day. When I want to feast at another table, I just place me fingers in my ears and say, "I'm not listening..." But the more I shut out the Spirit's voice, the more the Spirit gets quiet in my life. I think it goes together. We reap what we sow.

"Walking in your ways, we wait for; your name and renown are the desires of our hearts." Isaiah 26:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do I continue doing things that are not pleasing to God? Let's be honest. I enjoy it. No lame excuses. Sometimes I just want what I want. I don't seek God's will in my life with all my heart. "God will forgive me. I'm only human." Lord, help me see myself as you see me, and give me a desire for more intimacy with you. I want you to be more desirable than anything else in my life. -CZ