Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Looking Toward Retreat

I am getting geared up for our Men's Retreat this weekend at Green Lake.  Part of getting ready for me this year is finishing one of Michael DiMarco's (our speaker) books called God Guy.  In writing about idols that we have in our lives he says, "God is more powerful than any other God you could find."  I know this.  I have known this.  But it is a good reminder as we guys head out to spend time with God and each other.

I expect the power of God to be present and that as we meet together. God will do powerful things in the lives of the men who gather there.  This has been proven over and over again.  The anticipation is growing daily as to what I will get a chance to see and experience at Green Lake.  But it is not about the place we meet.

The power of the experience beyond God's power is the Band of Brothers that gathers.  I have found this band of brothers to be essential in my own spiritual life.   They are there for me when I need to express doubt, disappointment, excitement, vision or anything (and I mean anything) that I experience.  They don't judge me they simply listen, care, pray, challenge, admonish and support.  They were there for me through my medical issues at key times, one brother being there at the very darkest of times. They are to laugh with me (and at me). 

This Band of Brothers is part of the power that God works through in our men's gatherings.  I look forward to being with my brothers.  We get to meet with God.  Together.  And see the power of God.

No comments: