Thursday, July 28, 2011

God Guy

Our speaker for the retreat, Michael DiMarco, wrote in his book, God Guy:

"I believe that the God Guy is the strongest guy on the planet, not because of what he does but because of who he worships.  Everything he does is affected by the fact that he knows and is related to the most powerful being in the universe..." 

What a great way to begin a book, and a great way to go into a retreat with a bunch of God Guys, a Band of Brothers who support and challenge one another.  We are not perfect by any means, but we are moving toward a reality in which we decide that "God's Word alone defines who (we) are and what (we) do" so that we can find "everything (we) need for life, hope and peace."

I am looking forward to this time away.  I am open to becoming whatever God wants me to become, and listening to whatever God needs to tell me.   I desire to be one of the strong ones on the planet.  I can only do that when the One who I worship is allowed full access to me.  That's what this weekend is about for me.

No comments: