Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas and Consumer Confidence

Comedian Jeff Allen wrote the following in an e-mail communication:

"Oh boy. Where do I start? Well, it's the holiday season. The season of brotherly love and shameless advertising. Which reminds me, in the spirit of giving, we're giving free Happy Wife, Happy Life tree ornaments with every purchase from our store this month. And giving the My Heart, My Comedy DVD is more than just giving a nice gift; it gives a great message of love and hope. It also gives Tami money for dog food. OK, truth be told, the dogs get fed first. If there's any money left over, we buy groceries. On a particularly good week, Tami lets me get Pop Tarts.

To my Christian friends, let's remember that this season is about He who had no Pop Tarts, who was born, not to inspire consumer confidence, but so that each of us can be born again."

I d find it amazing that the success of this season is all about the economy, which really gives no lasting hope, peace or joy. Invest in the one who can give all three, and became The GIFT for us.

No comments: