Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Prayer of Abandonment

I have grabbed ahold of a prayer that I used for over a year in 2005 and have begun to use it on a regular basis again. I call it the Prayer of Abandonment. During my Sabbatical I would sometimes take each line as a prayer for the day and found that it contained some powerful statements that I could not just simply say and move on. I interacted with these statements and God revealed some things about me that I needed to deal with.

Over the next two weeks I am going to give you this prayer one or two lines at a time. You will need to come back each day to grow this prayer. I hope you will find it as challenging as I did, and do.

First Line:

"Father, I abandon myself into your hands."
(Hint: What does it mean to abandon yourself into God's hands? Define it in specific terms. When you abandon something what happens to it? Who controls it?)

No comments: