Sunday, November 23, 2008

Prayer of Abandonment #3

Here is the third section:

I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me,
And in all your creatures.


I wonder about how ready I am for whatever God does, and how willing I am to accept whatever God does. It is a beautiful thought, an admirable trust in God. But before I could really say those words in a prayer I really needed to take them seriously. It still takes me a while to get through this part of the prayer. But once I come to terms with a readiness for all that God does and a willingness to accept whatever GOD does (not what Satan does), a great sense of peace and trust overwhelm me and all feels right no matter what happens around me. The questions of "why" fade into the hands of God and an alert readiness occupies my mind and heart.

This prayer's desire is also that ONLY God's will be done in me. There is no room for anything else. Do I want to give up everything else that is not God's will, including my "little" sins, my addictive actions, my selfish attitudes, my painful past, my uncertain future....

"Whatever you do God, is what I want...and nothing more."

No comments: