Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Volleyball

Lauren wanted to thank everyone who cme out to her volleyballmatch against St. Francis. Olivet won the match and the conference regular season championship! It was a lot of fun.

Lauren had three former coaches there cheering her on. Each has impacted her as a player and person, all in different ways. This morning I got to thinking: What "coaches" have impacted me? (I am talking not about athletic coaches necessarily, but about those individuals who ave trained us and taught us) And which of the these "coaches" is in the stands as we are living our lives cheering us on?

Paul called these "coaches" witnesses. (Hebrews 12:1) One of my coaches was my father, who first demonstrated a pastor's life and later answered my questions as I lived a pastor's life. Who are some of the coaches in your life, who, after teaching you, still sits in the crowd cheering you on?

No comments: