Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week Four Recap

Sunday was a good Sunday, but one of those where it seemed everyone was a little sleepy.  Thank you Jacob for leading worship.  And thanks to the whole tech team for all that you do each and every Sunday to make Sunday work.  There are so many people involved each and every Sunday and each one of them plays an important role in our gathering together.  THANK YOU TO EACH ONE OF YOU!

After seeing how God interacted with people during the Exodus (Chapters 1-17) I began to wonder what my interaction with God is usually like:
  • Am I like Moses, who tried to talk God out of choosing him for a particular task, but ultimately said yes?
  • Am I like Pharaoh, who saw the power of God but continued to fight against God?
  • Am I like the people of Israel, who could never keep the memory of God's moving in their lives in front of them, so that when things did not go well their faith disintegrated into a cacophony of complaining?
I am sure I have responded to God in all of those ways during my life, but I hope that over time my responses to God have matured in the same way we have seen the faith of Abraham, Sarah, and Joseph mature over time.  If we do not see a maturing in our faith we need to be asking why this is so.

On this Tuesday I am praying for a maturing of my faith and yours.  God is as big and powerful as we have been reading during this past month.  Knowing that, and keeping that in front of us, is helpful in the maturing of our faith.

An Apprentice of Jesus,

Kevin 

No comments: