Sunday, May 29, 2011

Back At It....Again

It has been quite a year:
  • My oldest daughter Alicia got married last June to a wonderful young man.
  • Lauren recovered from knee surgery to have another great volleyball season at Olivet
  • Sue and I celebrated our 25th anniversary
  • I turned 50 in February
  • I had surgery on my lung in January and am on the good side of recovery.
The church has been wonderful (mostly) with many baptisms and great ministry happening with new Connect Groups, Celebrate Recovery, Worship changes and working with a great staff.

And my faith, well, it has been interesting. I have had highs and lows, but most of all I realized that in the midst of my physical struggles, my faith built over 50 years brought me through without the need for miracles or visions. What Jesus did on the cross and through his resurrection was enough. The following lyrics explained my experience:
"Life could take, take every dream away, you'd still be my risen one, the place where my hope comes from."

And now I live in this hope as I work toward being who God wants me to be and what he wants me to be. I am restarting the blog today. No one may read this, but it feels good to express myself again.

No comments: